I have to start by thanking Paris (The Girl in Flat 26 – check out her post here) for the nomination for this! I love her slogan from her post – “Life’s not out to get you”. We all need more positivity in our lives, and this quote sums it up perfectly. Her blog has such a great vibe, so after you’re done reading this you should definitely go across to her blog and read some more!
For those of you that don’t know, the Sunshine Blogger Award is something bloggers can be awarded by other bloggers for inspiring joy and positivity with their blogs. To have my work noticed when I have only been blogging a couple of months is such a great feeling! It makes me so motivated to keep creating amazing content for you. This is also a great opportunity to spread some much needed love in this world; nominees: I completely love what you blog about!
Now, the rules for the award are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you in their post.
- Nominate at least 11 new bloggers for the award and provide 11 questions for them to answer.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award Logo
Now that we have got the rules out of the way, it’s time for me to answer the questions Paris left for me!
If you had to pick one to quit forever, would you choose music or TV?
This is such a hard one for me, as I love them both for different reasons. I admit I spent too much time watching TV. It is often on in the background when I’m blogging or completing other tasks. However, music is a necessity for me when driving or getting ready. I feel it energises me and keeps me in a happy mood. Therefore, as I feel I connect more with music than TV, I’ll choose music!
Describe your perfect day:
I would start with a lie in until 8-9am so I felt really energised but hadn’t lost the day. I would venture out with my family and our dog, on a long walk in the sunshine, preferably by the coast. We would find a quintessential English pub for the most amazing lunch before continuing our walk. To finish off the day, I’d sit with a glass (or bottle) of champagne overlooking a picture perfect sunset with my closest friends, chatting the night away about anything and everything.
Spending time with both my family and friends is the dream day for me, as I adore my family and my friends are like a second family for me!
What are your top three driving / public transport songs?
I am terrible for changing my favourite songs on a weekly basis. I am very much the type of girl who likes chart music and music that is current. However, a few that pop up most often in my driving playlists are:
- The Riddle, Five For Fighting – I am usually the type of person that loves upbeat music when driving. However, ever since I heard this song on Criminal Minds (possibly my all time favourite TV show) I just had to add it to the playlist. I love using TV shows to find music I would not otherwise listen to. (Another reason why the first question was so difficult for me!)
- Mr Brightside, The Killers – this is such a feel good song that you can just sing at the top of your voice. Ever since this appeared on my playlist for a trip to the Lake District with a couple of my besties, it’s never left.
- Kids in Love, Kygo – again, I found this song watching a TV programme (Shazam is my saviour). It’s got such a good motorway driving beat behind it.
(I have left a link to each one on Youtube, I really think they are all worth a listen if you haven’t heard them!)
Unless blogging is your job, what do you do for a living?
I am a company director in the family business my dad set up. I have been in the job full time for around 9 months now. I love it, it has really developed a passion in me for business and entrepreneurship that I didn’t know I had. Fun fact: I actually did a physiotherapy degree at university … I couldn’t have really gone into a job further away from what my degree was! Oh well, I have no regrets about the path I have chosen. Everything you do in life happens for a reason.
What did you do for your last birthday?
My last birthday was a crazy day. I was working for the RNLI last summer as a fundraiser for the charity. I was up in Northumberland at the time my birthday rolled around. I drove down to Harrogate and met up with 4 of my friends from school. We went to Betty’s for brunch (Betty’s is an iconic place to visit in Yorkshire, if you ever come to Yorkshire you HAVE to go) and then we followed that with a cute pancake café for dessert … because why not on your birthday?! I then drove back up to Newcastle where the awesome people I was living with had bought me a balloon, made a cake and cooked a birthday dinner for me. It was definitely one to remember.
Would you rather visit the past or visit the future (you choose how far either way)?
For me, this is an easy one. I would definitely rather visit the past. The idea of seeing something in the future I hadn’t planned or expected would freak me out too much. I would much rather go back to a time full of happy memories. I believe the future is unknown for a reason.
What’s your favourite way to relax?
My dad invested in a hot tub a year or so ago. In the summer months I love chilling outside in the sun looking out over the green grass in the garden with a cold drink in hand, soaking the stresses away.
In winter, curling up on the sofa with a good book, a hot chocolate and a candle lit is my favourite way to relax.
Think of your most vivid dream. What was it about?
I am one of the people that decided to start Game of Thrones as Season 8 was coming to an end. I had binge watched about 5 episodes one weekend, and that night I had a crazy dream (maybe more of a nightmare) that merged all the episodes I had watched into one. All I remember was it was very intense and when I woke up I felt like I needed a sleep to recover from the sleep!
Would you prefer a night in or a night out? Describe your ideal itinerary for whichever one you choose!
Nights in with my girls are what I live for. Whenever we meet up for a chilled night it’s full of gossiping and putting the world to rights! I wouldn’t have it any other way.
Which is your favourite clothes shop on the high street? What about online?
Highstreet – New Look is my new favourite at the moment.
Online – ASOS has been my go to for so many years now.
Name one of your goals for this week/month/year (you choose!)
My goal for the week is to organise June in terms of blogposts, social media updates etc! I am away for a fortnight in June, and it’s the first time I will have been away whilst running this blog! I’m ready for the challenge of keeping on top of everything whilst still having the best time whilst I am away.
My questions for my nominees are:
- Do you have any pets? If no, what would be your dream pet?
- Where is the place you go to when you want to unwind and recharge?
- What is the last series you watched on TV?
- Where is the place you call home? (Country / County / State / City – it’s up to you!)
- If you had to enter a talent show, what would be your talent?
- Plane or Train?
- Would you rather only visit places you had been before or only visit somewhere new? (You can only choose one)
- What is your happiest memory from 2019 so far?
- If you could only choose one thing to take to a deserted island, what would it be and why?
- What is your favourite cuisine?
- How long have you been blogging for and what inspired you to start your blog?
And now, the nominees!
- Louise Grace – Lou Does Travel
- Kara and Bailey – Peacoat Travels
- The In-between Traveller
- Karla – Traveller Soul
- Aimsy – Aimsy’s Antics
- Perth Travelers
- Travel Bugs World
- Lynn and Justin – Mad Hatters NYC
- Ailish – Ailish Sinclair
- Ellie – Ellie’s Little World
- Molly – Ramblings of a Redhead
I cannot wait to see your answers! Make sure to tag me on your socials so I can give them a read!
This is a blogpost so far from what I usually blog about and I love it! If you want me to do more blogs like this where I answer some questions and tell you more about myself let me know!
7 comments on “Sunshine Blogger Award”
I loved reading this, Harriet, great post! I liked your perspective of the past/present question, reliving happy memories sounds like a good way to go about it. Music is a motivator for me too!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you again for the nomination! It was really fun to answer your questions, you came up with some great ones.
Great post 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
No problem 🙂 check out my blog when you get the chance 😄
LikeLiked by 1 person
LikeLiked by 1 person